11.03.2009

Arauz children's foundation

"I can't begin to imagine a world without color, a world were ideas are limited to be in black and white" ca.

As most of you have read in a previous blog, I wrote Crayola a proposal letter where I state recycling and charity suggestions to help minimize the current colorful waste.
But to my surprise Crayola’s response letter was more focused on the quality of their product and on the sanitation liabilities my idea would tie along.

So I decided to take matters into my own hands and got in touch with my cousin/mentor who founded The Arauz children’s foundation ‘Karitas’, Christiane Arauz, to seek advice on how to get started. ‘Karitas’ has been helping underprivileged kids throughout Central America, with a major concentration in Nicaragua, since 2001.

The idea is to call out a crayon drive and continuously ship them out to all the unseen corners, starting in Nicaragua, where colorful dreams are nearly impossible. All those who donate will have their names listed on my blog and will be cordially invited to all related events!!


A bright drive: Collect old, broken, unused (but not limited to) crayons and mail them to:



Attn: Casey Arauz and Christianne Arauz
1521 Alton Road #833
Miami Beach, Fl 33139



Reaching all the dull corners: A list of Nicaraguan disadvantaged schools will be posted for the public to contact or for donation verification.

Help children find their inner artiste.